From: Sam Cayze [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 11:34 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Help: Can't send to Comcast.net?!?

So I got a hold of someone at Comcast, I guess that are getting flooded
with calls about this, and they are telling people that we should use
SMTP port 587 and authenticate before we can send email?

I'm confused?  I know that if you are a [EMAIL PROTECTED] customer, you need
to configure your mail client to use these settings.   But can they
require outside organizations to do this?  Aren't they bound by some RFC
rules to allow unauthenticated smtp traffic on port 25?

Plus, how in the heck would I even authenticate with them?  Do I need to
open an account?  Wft?  This can't be right...

-Sam