Hi,

Been a crazy weekend/week for me.

Ever have a great idea that you KNOW will make everyone happy, and then
you end up practically being burned in effigy?

I created a new mailbox to replace a distribution group. The DL was
getting about 300 emails a day, and so all of our CS people were getting
their own copy of the email, filing it in their own folders, etc... It
wasn't fun.

So, Ev The Superhero steps in and decides it would be a good thing to
create a mailbox with the address of the DL (and change the address of
the DL to something that wouldn't be used.) So that's what I did. I
created a mailbox, gave everyone permission to the mailbox, went around
to their computers Monday morning and opened the mailbox within Outlook.
I even created search folders so that different customers' emails would
be automatically filed in the appropriate company folder. I didn't do
this with a public folder, because 1) I couldn't find a way to create
search folders within a public folder, and 2) I know public folders have
been removed from E2K7, should I ever go in that direction from my
current E2K3. I even found a utility that auto-fills the From field with
the name of the account, so they don't have to type it when they make a
new email or reply to one.

So I'm great, right? No, I'm on the verge of having my tires slashed,
re-inflated, and slashed yet again.

The first complaint was that they don't get pop-up notifications when an
email shows up in an inbox that is not their own. I'm onto a couple of
third party utility things that may help this.

But the really big issue is that there is no per-user "read" or "unread"
information on this mailbox. People are used to their unread mail being
in bold. Now, whenever someone, somewhere opens a piece of mail, it
looks like it's been read to everyone, and people are losing track of
what they have read and what they haven't.

Any suggestions on this last item? Do I deserve to have my tires
slashed, or is my heart in the right place? Okay, forget the heart... is
my BRAIN in the right place? I'm not trying to push this down anyone's
throat... I'm looking for something that would HELP  :)

Thanks,

Evan