Hello,

I have a client with a group of users that when they delete a message with a
specific subject line the message doesn't go to the deleted items folder,
but is permanently deleted.  The server is Exchange 2007, it happens both
with an Outlook client and in OWA.  There are no rules setup for the users
that aren't working, and it's happening to a seemingly random group across
multiple mail stores.

I'm thinking it's not a managed folders issue, since that is based on dates
not words.  I don't think it's a transport rule issue, since that would be
applied when it's sent, not when it's deleted, although I'm going to have
them look at what, if any transport rules they have setup.  I don't know
Outlook well enough to know if there is anything in the client that could
have been setup, other than a rule, that would be causing this "feature".

Anyone have any other thoughts on where to look?

Chad Spurley