I'm using Outlook 2007, connected to our Exchange 2003 server. I'm
trying to access another user's mailbox from my Outlook profile, which
I've never done before. I'm selecting "File" -> "Open" -> "Other User's
Folder", picking the user from the GAL, selecting their Inbox, and
clicking "OK." I get:

"Cannot display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found."

>From what I've found on Google, this sounds like a permissions issue.
I'm not sure what permissions to change to fix it, though. From ESM I've
looked at the server's permissions, which grand Full Control to
Enterprise Admins (which my account is a member of). I checked the
mailbox store's security, and Enterprise Admins appear to have full
control there, too. But when I check the individual mailboxes,
Enterprise Admins have everything set to "Allow", but has "Deny" checked
for "Full Mailbox Access."

Is this the problem?

And if so, how do I fix it? I can't seem to change the permissions on
the individual mailboxes, which makes me think those are being inherited
from higher up. But where? When I look at the mailbox store, I see that
security is configured to deny Send As and Receive As to Enterprise
Admins. But that shouldn't keep me from being able to look at the
mailboxes, should it?

I'm sure this is just an issue of me misunderstanding Exchange's
security.

John Hornbuckle
MIS Department
Taylor County School District