I did read that earlier and I just finished printing all the documents
out for some bedtime reading.

I'm off for the day, you all have a good 3 day weekend.

Thomas

From: Sean Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 12:45 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: memory upgrade on EX2K3

I'm no expert by any means, but based on the article, if you're running
Exchange 2003 on any version of Windows 2003 and  have more than 1GB
physical memory installed, then Microsoft recommends setting the /3GB
and /USERVA switches. (specifically, /3GB /USERVA=3030). This simply
enables more PTEs on the server.

Make sure to read through the rest of the article because it's equally
important to set the HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold registry value.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
Value name: HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold
Value type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 0x00040000 (recommended)
Value default: not present

In addition, if you're supporting more than 500 mailboxes on your
server, you'll want to configure the msExchESEParamLogBuffers attribute
in AD using ADSIEdit.

1) Open the Configuration Container.

2) Navigate to CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=<Your Organization
Name>

3) Expand CN=Administrative Groups, CN=<Administrative Group Name>,
CN=Servers

4) Expand CN=<Your Server Name>, CN=Information Store

5) Right click on CN=<your storage group> and select properties. (If you
have multiple storage groups, you'll want to perform the following steps
for both)

6) find the msExchESEParamLogBuffers attribute and change the value to
9000.

- Sean