Grrr, I'm getting a little frustrated, well a lot frustrated.  We've just
recently gone the route of setting up OWA and now I'm working on
ActiveSync.  We have an Apache server that is setup with a reverse proxy to
do OWA, and it works flawlessly.  Attempting to do the same thing with
ActiveSync, and it's not working.  I go between getting an 0x85010014 error
code on the device to it prompting me to "Please correct your Exchange
Server password." on the device over and over again.  It just depends on
what settings I have in IIS, I've broken OWA a few times in this and fixed
it, but I don't know what it is I'm missing.

Exchange 2003 sp2, IIS6, and some windows device that my manager had laying
around that we've put a sim card in.  ISA is out of the loop since we're
doing a reverse proxy from an Apache server, and we've had to install a root
cert from our colo facility on the device.  My apache guy says we don't need
the cert on the exchange server because we're doing the reverse proxy.  I've
got the active sync virtual directory set to ignore client certs, it's also
set for no anonymouse access, and Integrated Windows authentication.  What
else do I need to look at in IIS?  What other settings on what other
directories do I need to make?

Yes, I've been googling and searching for answers since yesterday afternoon
and not making any progress.  Oh, I get the 10014 error code when I set the
active sync virtual directory to have both integrated & basic
authentication, or to just basic authentication.

Thanks all

--
Sherry Abercrombie

Arthur C. Clarke