> name.  We are company.com, we want to host the MX record for
> company.com.au
> How would I go about setting that up on our DNS servers?  Do I need to
> create a new Forward Lookup Zone for this?

You will have to get control and host the whole company.com.au zone in
order to do this, so work with the registrar...  And yes, you would create
a new forward lookup zone to do it.

Don't forget about reverse DNS!  Although you should always do it in any
case, if you will be sending mail as well as receiving you will
effectively need to setup correct reverse DNS as well.  If you don't, you
will have some delivery issues.  Typically, you will get your ISP to put
in the correct PTR records for your mail server or get them to delegate to
you, in which case you will setup the reverse lookup zone as well.

~JasonG