Well for moving mailboxes there's the "Exchange migration wizard".  Google
that and you'll get some documentation.

For moving public folders, "pfmigrate" is your google keyword.

RPC over https:  If you have a FE server for your current org, you'd
uninstall it from the current org and re-install it to the new org, now
you've got RPC over https into the new org.  Of course this could
potentially allow RPC over https for any mailboxes, not just the ones at
your location, so get approval from the parent company before doing this.
Not using a FE server?  Shame on you.

Generally speaking an OWA server has access to any mailbox in the org.  If
you want to reduce across-the-pond WAN traffic, you use the aforementioned
FE server for OWA access as well.

Carl