From: Simon Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 11:08 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Switch to Exchange?

With 10 users, I know what I would be looking at - Small Business Server.
For the cost of a full Exchange 2007 license and the CALs you could probably
have a completely new system to run SBS. Buy it with Software Assurance as
SBS 2008 is due very shortly (RTM last week).
Then install BES on your existing machine where it can use the SQL server.

If you are still looking at a hosted solution, as long as you use cached
mode, most xDSL type connections will be fine. I have run more than 20 users
on a regular 4mb xDSL (256k up) without any problems. The initial setup when
you import your existing mail is the only slight headache.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/

  _____