How many disks are in each disk group?

Thanks,

Jeremy Phillips

-----Original Message-----
From: Travis Krampy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:12 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: SAN Setup Recommendations

There are 2 disk groups actually, one that is a RAID5 and one that is a
RAID1

The raid 5 disk group is split into 8 VRAID5 sets and the RAID1 disk group
is split into 2 VRAID1 sets.

Sorry I was not clear on this.

Plus this is inherited, i never set this up, thats why im asking the
experts!

Travis

"Barsodi.John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sounds like you have one disk group and you've created several LUNs with
varying Vraid types(1,5) within that Disk Group.  Just remember the
Vraid1 and Vraid5 sets are sharing the same disks within that Disk
Group.  Log writing and DB writing have different write
patterns(sequential vs. random) so placing them on the same set of
spindles could cause head contention.  Best practice is separate
spindles for logs and DB.   Sounds like resources are limited, and
depending on your performance requirements, this could be fine.

- John Barsodi