Use BIS. It will hit his OWA account and download messages. You don't need
an enterprise plan for it.

Search Google for carrier name BIS. For example Sprint BIS.

From: Devin Meade [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 8:55 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Allowing external forwards

Our policy is that (1) if you are a project manager or higher you get a
company provided blackberry using our BES (2) if you have a personal cell
phone, it's "as the IT staff has time to deal with your PDA and its a crap
shoot if it will work or not".  He isn't a PM or higher.  He has a personal
BB.  It was agreed to give him a license on our BES, against my better
judgement.  He doesnt want to pay for the right service from t-mobile.
That's about the long and short of it.  Done.

I thougt about setting up an active dir contact and doing an internal
forward to that contact.  Naahh forget it.

Its been about 2 years since anyone has asked our IT staff what smart phone
will work with our system.  But now they pretty much buy whatever and THEN
ask us if it will work.  C'est la vie.

Thanks for the direction, Devin

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Charlish, Paul J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>