Are you running the export-mailbox cmdlet on a server or on a workstation
with the tools installed?

Has the computer where the export-mailbox is being run patched to current
versions? (That is, sp1 UR4)

A lot of work was done on the tools in ur4...

Regards,

Michael B. Smith, MCITP:SA,EMA/MCSE/Exchange MVP

My blog: http://TheEssentialExchange.com/blogs/michael