From: Simon Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:12 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Guide to Exchange 2007 hosting setup

I don't think you will find anyone on this side of the pond recommending BT
for anything other than a good laugh.  :-) The only thing they do well is
phone lines (when you pay the bill to someone else), but I digress.

I read somewhere that Microsoft state that unless you are going to host
10,000 mailboxes then don't bother. They recommend one of the larger
providers - and there are lots of white label solutions around.

UK wise, there is probably only one company I would look at - Cobweb. A
fellow Exchange MVP is in their technical team. (UK Exchange MVPs are not
that common - only 10 or 11 of them).
http://www.cobweb.com/partner_with/partner_options.aspx

I have looked at it two or three times and opted not to bother. The
headaches are just too much.
What Michael also didn't mention was the change in support policy - if you
are doing hosted Exchange then you must have a support contract - you cannot
phone up and pay the per call fee. That further raises the entry barrier.

Someone else mentioned it was very crowded in the hosted market. There will
be a shake out soon when MS enter the market over here.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE

e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: www.amset.co.uk
w: www.amset.info

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/