Hi all,

Our environment is currently mixed with Exchange 2003 backends and Exchange
2007 CAS / HT / Mailbox servers. The error below (Event ID 3027, source Server
ActiveSync) is in the application log, extremely frequently, on one of my 2003
backend servers.

An error occurred on the socket that is used to process AUTD notifications.
The error code is [10055].  As a result, AUTD has been uninitialized, but it
will be reinitialized upon receipt of the next Ping request.  If you continue
to see this message, restart IIS.

Followed by: (in separate logged events)

IP-based AUTD has been uninitialized.

And

IP-based AUTD has been initialized.

Sometimes the AUTD uninitialized (Event ID 3026) and initialize (3025) events
will occur without the socket error.

The server is standalone Exchange 2003 EE SP2 (Windows Server 2003 EE SP2) and
Symantec Mail Security. No other application runs on the server.

The error seems to cause OWA to throw a "500 Server error" VERY occasionally.
I've been able to reproduce it once with a test account, and only a handful of
users have actually reported a problem. Of course, there may be an entirely
separate reason for this, but since AUTD is tied in with IIS and therefore OWA,
I'm hedging my bets.

Does anyone have a clue how to proceed before I open a PSS case? IIS has been
restarted, and the entire server was bounced four days ago.

Thanks

Richard