You can change the MDS Browser use Separate Icon policy to TRUE to leave
both browsers as an option, they can then use the IBS as needed and
access the regular browser for other applications.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Meyer [mailto:troy.me...@monacocoach.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:30 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: BES Question

BES 4.1.6 on Exchange 2007sp1 ~35 users.

We would like to create an IT policy that sets the default browser on
the phones to be the IBS or Internet browser rather than the BB browser
so that folks are using the EVDO network for internet browsing rather
than our local network connection.

We would like the BB browser to remain available so people can switch to
it and run reports on our local intranet site (only 2-3 folks actually
do this)

Blackberry support and forum surfing seem to say we can only disable the
BB browser, we cant have it active and not be the default browser
through policy.  The policy choices are not very specific as to what
they do, and its hard for me to test little changes because I don't have
a BB (of course).

Has anyone set this up or have any insight on the IT policies for BES?

-Troy