Ok.  Now you have my hand spinning.

________________________________

From: William Lefkovics [mailto:will...@lefkovics.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:03 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: ¿lıɐɯ-ǝ ɹoɟ ǝsn oʇ ɹǝʇɔɐɹɐɥɔ pılɐʌ ɐ sıɥʇ sı

RFC5322 lists the valid characters.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt

From: Miller Bonnie L. [mailto:mille...@mukilteo.wednet.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:04 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Is this a valid character to use for e-mail?

Is this:

A valid character to use in the left-hand portion of an e-mail address?  My
google-fu is not working well for this…

For example:      imnotfindinganÿth...@my.domain

Might be the e-mail address in question.  I have no idea how the character was
originally entered—I’ve been cutting and pasting in notepad.

We have some third-party listserv software that is choking on this and I’m
trying to figure out if it’s valid.

Thanks,

Bonnie

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are property of Indiana Members
Credit Union, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of
the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited.