On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Sam Cayze <sam.ca...@rollouts.com> wrote:
> Many good points, let me just interject one point as well:
>
> If you email files to a client, you have actual proof that the files were
> indeed sent to the client.  If you give them a link, and they have to
> download the files themselves, then you don't really have proof that they
> have their hands on the files.

What, you don't log your web server requests?

<snip>

I sorta agree with the rest of this.

I have a 10mbyte inbound limit for our mail gateway. If I could, I'd
throttle it to 1mbyte, but I'd get lynched.

Outbound, E2k3 has a 20mbyte limit, and I go with that, though I'd put
it at 1mbyte too, if I could.

But....

I don't put limits on mailboxes. Or, rather, if I get a complaint from
someone that their mailbox is full, I remove the limit. The standard
limit is 100mbytes. I get few complaints with that.

If find that those who complain are the ones who legitimately need
their limits removed, such as legal/finance staff, tech support folks,
and engineering folks.

Kurt