Instead of Add/Remove; use the original installation CD.

From: Leedy, Andy [mailto:ale...@butlerahs.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 3:31 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OWA 2003 removal?

This issues goes back a few weeks, so I'm including the original question
below.  The reply I received said to just uninstall Exchange on the 2003 OWA
box and that latter I could uninstall the Last Legacy Exchange Server.

So, I tried to uninstall Exchange on just the OWA server through add/remove
programs, but I get this error:

"Setup failed while installing the sub-component Microsoft Windows Active
Directory schema update with error code 0xC1037986 (please consult the
installation logs for a detailed description).

Any ideas on what to do now?

Thanks,

Andy Leedy

Messaging Systems Engineer