Probably time to invest in a proper anti-spam solution.

From: Joe Heaton [mailto:jhea...@etp.ca.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:30 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Incoming spoofed e-mail issue

I'm getting users who are getting lots of mail in their inbox every morning
that looks like it is coming from themselves.  Looking at the headers, I see
various actual senders, many coming from domains ending in .ru, or .pl, etc.
Is there a way of blocking e-mails from these foreign domains?  None of my
users have legitimate business with anyone in Russia, or Poland, or any other
foreign country.  I tried setting this up under Sender Filtering, by putting
the following in, for example:  *...@*.pl<mailto:*...@*.pl>

Is there a different way of putting this in?  I notice that the instructions
for Sender Filtering says to block messages "claiming" to be from the
following:, but these messages are actually "claiming" to be from the user, not
what is actually in the header.  Is there a different way of filtering these
messages?  There's nothing in the subject line that is keying the IMF, or my
Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange.

Joe Heaton
AISA
Employment Training Panel
1100 J Street, 4th Floor