Delete the new mailbox. Run the cleanup agent. Re-attach the old mailbox to
the user. Re-run the move-mailbox.

And figure out why your information store crashed and fix it so it doesn't
happen again. J

From: Michael Tellson [mailto:micha...@colonialsavings.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:24 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Store crashed during mailbox move

Help,

Ex 2003 SP2

My Information store service crashed while I was in the process of moving a
couple mailboxes from one store to another.  Now both stores show that they
have a copy of the mailbox.  One store shows the mailbox disconnected, the
other shows it online.  If I try to purge or reconnect the disconnected
mailbox, I get an error "The operation cannot be performed because this
mailbox was already reconnected to an existing user"  If I try to move the
mailbox again, I get an error that the target mailbox already exists.

Google is not coming up with anything useful in my searches.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to clean this up?

colonial logo

Michael Tellson, CCA

Network Engineer, Colonial Savings, F.A.

817-390-2016

micha...@colonialsavings.com

<<image001.gif>>