Look at his mailbox with pfdavadmin. It will show you things that
Outlook may hide from you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rausch, Michael D [mailto:michael.rau...@nwa.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:08 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Messages in "Root" Folder

Exchange 2003.

We have a user that is getting "You're over your size limit" messages.

But if you right click on "Mailbox - Lastname, Firstname" and do Folder
Size, it says his mailbox is only consuming about 10% of what the
mailbox size limit.

But if I look on the Exchange server itself using the console, his
mailbox shows as being about 15% over the mailbox size limit.

If I move his mailbox, it displays "moving messages. Root (0/705)" and
then proceeds to move all of those messages.  I am guessing this is
where the discrepency lies.

Thing is, I can't find any "Root" folder anywhere.  Not in his mailbox.
If I check actually IN the "Mailbox - Lastname, Firstname" section,
there is only one very small message in there.

So... Anybody have any idea what this Root folder might be and how I (or
the user) might access it?  Anybody seen anything like this before?

Thanks

Mike