It has been a long time since I've seen this behavior, 98 was THE Windows
then, and I cannot, for the life of me remember how to fix it. If you click
on Mailbox - [username], that is the "root" where the messages are. Ahhh, I
got it. Open the mailbox using OWA, then click on the [username] shown at
the top of the tree, and you should see the hidden messages. You need to use
IE to do this as FF will not show this root folder. Create a new folder, and
you can move all those messages there for the user to do with what they
will--hopefully not store them in the root folder again <g>.

\\Steve//

Size, it says his
> mailbox is only consuming about 10% of what the mailbox size limit.
>
> But if I look on the Exchange server itself using the console, his mailbox
shows as being about
> 15% over the mailbox size limit.
>

> If I move his mailbox, it displays "moving messages. Root (0/705)" and
then proceeds to move
> all of those messages.  I am guessing this is where the discrepency lies.
>

> Thing is, I can't find any "Root" folder anywhere.  Not in his mailbox.
If I check actually IN