I will chime in with a big thumbs up vote for Ironport as well.  We had
to switch to them in a hurry at the end of last year and it's been
great.  We use the encryption piece as well, which has worked well.
There is a built-in SSN trigger plus you can set up your own.

We haven't tuned the anti-spam since the first day.  We had installation
support, about half a day, but our other site got theirs running by
looking at our config and using the support site.  Their support KB has
answered many questions for me as well.

Reputation filtering knocks off about 98% before the connection can even
be completed.

I don't know alot about how its price compares to others but we have
been very happy with it so far.

Mary Anthes
Network Engineer
SCL Health System