Also I ran eseutil /k and /g on all of the stores and everything seems to be
okay.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Larson" <chr...@xp.etowns.net>
To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:42:05 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Item could not be opened error - Items stuck in queue

Hi,

We have two exchange systems and we have an issue where certain e-mail are
stuck at a retry status in our connector queue. These items will show numerous
retries, but I can't see anything other that the message that the "Item could
not be opened" down in the bottom of the queue viewer.

There is also an issue with the users systems being very slow. Especially in
the morning. Outlook will be at a "Not Responding" status for 30 to 120
minutes.

I have spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this and frankly everyone is
pretty ticked off at this point.

System setup.

Exchange server #1:

Runs fetchmail scripts to pull in mail from POP3 accounts at ISP and delivers
to local SMTP for distribution
Hosts account that we use to archive a copy of all e-mails from all accounts.
Public folders stored here

Exchange server #2

All user accounts hosted on this server - copies of all e-mail are sent to
account on serer #1
All clients running Outlook 2007