On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Louis, Joe <jlo...@guardianalarm.com> wrote:
> We change the user name to keep everything “in line”.

  I don't recommend that.  The user ID is used as unique constant
identifier by far too many things, both Microsoft and third-party.  I
change display names.  I add a new email address, set the new email
address to primary, but keep the old email address around.  But the
user ID is carved in stone for the life of the account.  Don't think
of the user ID as a human name, but rather, a machine identifier that
just uses a human-friendly mnemonic for convenience.

  If it bothers you that much, don't base user IDs on the person's
name, but instead on the employee ID number or some such.  Same
principle.  :)

-- ben