> Ultimately, computers should be a tool that serves the needs of
> people.  Telling people not to use email they way they *want* to use
> email is not an ideal situation.  Sometimes one has to adapt to the
> limitation of a system, but when possible, it's better to adapt the
> system to better do the job.

Okay... I want to use my car to go 85 mph down the highway, but I have
people telling me not to use it that way.  I want to use my screwdriver
as a
pry bar, but there are people telling me not to use it that way.  There
are
people who want to use their computer to download pirated music and
movies from
the internet, but there are people telling them not to use it that way.
There
are people who want to connect various USB devices to the company
computers, but
there are people telling them not to use it that way.  There are people
who want
to use their computer to go to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc., but
there are
people telling them not to use it that way.  There are people who would
like to
use their computer to hack into corporate businesses, but...