And the problem with that is...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:12 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Exchange archiving

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Maglinger, Paul <pmaglin...@scvl.com>
wrote:
>> I am going to use that response next time my CEO tells me I have to
adapt my
>> systems to his requirements, like when he wants to have a password
policy
>> for himself that is less stringent than anyone else's :-)
>
> That's when you pull out the Sarbox documentation...

  FWIW and FYI: I've actually reviewed the Sarbanes-Oxley act itself.
It doesn't use the word "password" anywhere, nor does it address
passwords in any other terms that I could find.  I strongly suspect
SOx is simply commonly used as a convenient justification for
implementing better password practices.

-- Ben