I just finished my research into this today and started the process.
Here's my notes.
I'm upgrade to 5.0 from 4.x onto new hardware. No external SQL.

1. Upgrade to newest SP on production box
2. Get temp SRP and Migration Kit from BES Customer Support
3. Install fresh server on new hardware, install BES 5.0 using key from #2
4. Use the 'Enterprise Transporter' from the kit to move over users(a
few at a time).
5. After everything is good, shut down old server(or uninstall bes software).
6. Original SRP will go bad within 90 days.

Jon

.