From: Barsodi.John [john.bars...@igt.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:27 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Is Exchange Doomed?

They advertise $10/user/mo + add’l services on their Exchange Online site.  Are
you suggesting that they will severely undercut that to sell the service?

MS approached us about 2 years ago when I was working on the beginning of my
Exchange 2007 transition plans.  They had less than 20 customers on it and most
of the names that they could tell us were large customers 10-100k+ seats.
Doing the math, it doesn’t seem like a worthy investment unless there are some
huge price breaks.  Fast forward to today, we are now looking at our costs to
run the part of my Messaging infrastructure – Exchange and BB, perhaps to
consider looking at the Exchange Online option again.  At those rates, I don’t
see the benefit…

Those of you who work for or own an EHS business, how do  your customers, who
use MAPI only for connectivity, connect up?  Just use Outlook Anywhere?  We had
to look at several dedicated WAN links to the various MS datacenters globally
for our users…and those costs add up quick.  There’s also the problem with
internal relay options…internal application integration(CRM type of products)

- JB