Exchange 2003.  AD 2003

I recently took on a new client that is having some weird Public Folder
problems after the drive that holds the exchange DB ran out of space.   I
was able to bring exchange back fine after I cleared out some old backups
they were storing on that drive.  The problem I'm getting now is that when
users try to add appointments to a Calender on any of the public folders it
does one of two things.  1.  lets them make the change but does not keep the
change.  or 2.   gives them an access is denyed message.  If I look at the
logs I don't see any related errors.  I have double checked the permissions
and everything looks good.

To do some further trouble shooting on the permissions, I downloaded a copy
of ScriptLogic Security Explorer.  After installing when I try to run I
gives me an error pointing to and old DC and will not connect.  This go me
wondering If exchange somewhere was still pointing to on old DC .  I checked
the DNS on the NIC and In Exchange System Manager  --> Servers --> Server
name --> Properties, Directory Access Tab.  Those look right.

I seem to remember that there is one other place that exchange stores info
on DC's but can't find it.   Does anyone know if there are other places to
check?

Thanks

Matt