Does your AD have old DC entries somewhere? Does DNS believe so as well?

-sc

From: Matt Plahtinsky [mailto:cbusitl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:08 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2003 Public Folder problems

Exchange 2003.  AD 2003

I recently took on a new client that is having some weird Public Folder
problems after the drive that holds the exchange DB ran out of space.
I was able to bring exchange back fine after I cleared out some old
backups they were storing on that drive.  The problem I'm getting now is
that when users try to add appointments to a Calender on any of the
public folders it does one of two things.  1.  lets them make the change
but does not keep the change.  or 2.   gives them an access is denyed
message.  If I look at the logs I don't see any related errors.  I have
double checked the permissions and everything looks good.

To do some further trouble shooting on the permissions, I downloaded a
copy of ScriptLogic Security Explorer.  After installing when I try to
run I gives me an error pointing to and old DC and will not connect.
This go me wondering If exchange somewhere was still pointing to on old
DC .  I checked the DNS on the NIC and In Exchange System Manager  -->
Servers --> Server name --> Properties, Directory Access Tab.  Those
look right.

I seem to remember that there is one other place that exchange stores
info on DC's but can't find it.   Does anyone know if there are other
places to check?

Thanks

Matt