From: Steven M. Caesare [mailto:scaes...@caesare.com]
Sent: 30 June 2009 14:41
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT: American automotive (was: Is Exchange Doomed?)

Man, I'd love to have that plant in mid-size SUV.

There are few attractive small diesels in the US, but those that are available
often don't make their way in to passenger vehicles, where the emissions
regulations are far more strict than the light-duty truck market, which is
where you find the majority of diesels here.

I read about one test that replaced the 4.7L V8 (which got MPG in the high
teens) with a ~3.5L V6 turbo diesel. The mileage went to low/mid 30's, and the
performance was nearly identical. That would be the perfect for my Toyota
Sequoia.

What many folks don't realize, is that other than particulate, modern diesels
actually have LESS harmful emissions than their gasoline brethren in several
categories.

_SIGH_.

-sc