All-

Scenario:

(2007) 2 CAS/HUB Transport Servers, 1 MBX server| (2003)  2 FE Servers, 1 BE
Server(BH Server)

(We left the SMTP connectors still up and running on E2K3 to handle internet
mail transmission.  So we haven't installed a Send Connector on E2K7 yet)

I had a customer that was migrating from E2K3 to E2K7.  We established the
first Hub Transport server into the Exchange org and identified the BH server
for E2K3.  After we did that we created a mailbox to test mail routing.  We
could send and receive email from 2007 to 2003 and vice versa internally.  E2K3
mailboxes could send and recieve internet email.  E2K7 test mailbox could
receive internet email but couldn't send email outbound to the internet.  It
would just queue up at that HUB server and wouldn't cross over the RGC
connector.

Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I had a test mailbox on E2K7 and our
SMTP connector was located on an E2K3 server.. shouldn't email bound for the
internet pass thru the RGC connector between 2K7 and 2K3?

TIA,

John Bowles