From: Maglinger, Paul [mailto:pmaglin...@scvl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:23 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Offline defragmentation of Exchange information store

I'm pretty sure that I have seen recommendations in the past not to
perform periodic ESEUTIL defrags on the information store.  The articles
that I remember indicated that the online maintenance was sufficent
unless a large amount of data was deleted from it.  Now when I google to
find information to back this up, I can't find it.  Now I can't find
where they DON'T recommend it, but now it's a "if you want to defrag,
here's how you do it" kind of thing.  So, did the general opinion on
this change?

Paul