Hi,

  Last year, when I was managing a SMB 2003 with Exchange we were thinking of
migrating to Exchange 2007. We were recommended to perform an offline defrag
before thinking of migrating. We shrinked a DB of 60 Gb to around 25 Gb. In
fact, it meant that one of the reasons to migrate was to do it to a bigger
server and then taking the chance of upgrading to Exchange 2007. Since the
space issue disappeared, we could wait for an upgrade of the SMB server instead.

  So if there is a lot of time that you haven't performed any (or maybe never),
it could be a good exercise.

  Miguel