I looked thru the archives, didn't see very much so:

We've suddenly 'acquired' the need to have some semi-unattended mailboxes
with an auto-response message like "Thanks, we got your important email. A
human will respond very soon." Our security group really doesn't want us to
allow OOFs to the internet, and the VIP who wants these mailboxes doesn't
want OOF in the reply's subject line either.

This is a mixed E2k7 E2k3 org.

We're looking at GFI Mail Essentials, Exclaimer (

http://www.exclaimer.com/products/exchange-email-disclaimers.aspx  ) and
Email2Db ( http://www.email2db.com/editions.aspx )

Reading the online manuals, Exclaimer mentions a 10 reply/hour adjustable
throttle. Email2Db says you can use their scripting module to build in loop
detection. I can't find any mention in the GFI MailEssentials docs - so I am
asking the authorities:

Anyone here use any of these?  have warnings or recommendations? Anyone want
to recommend something else? Anyone know if you can control loop detection
with GFI?

Thanks very much for you time, and Happy Friday!