From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:42 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: PUSHING EMAIL TO CELL PHONES

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 14:33, Murray Freeman<mfree...@alanet.org> wrote:
> We currently have a single user (our CEO) who we are pushing email to from
> our Exchanger Server 2K3. We are using Blackberry's client software
> installed on his workstation to accomplish this. But it is becomming obvious
> that we may need to provide this to more staff members. I'm aware that we
> can get the Blackberry Server version of their software, but I'm wondering
> if there is other software available that can push email to non-Blackberry
> devices. Also, will the Blackberry Server version push to non-Blackberry
> devices?
>

> Murray

I don't know the answer to your direct question, but I do have some
words of advice:

1) Make sure you get BES, not BPS. Verizon lied to us about that about
9 months ago, and I'm still pissed at them.

2) Standardize on one platform. If you can at all help it, do not try
to support BB, iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc. I don't care if the
semi-geeks have personality conflicts with their non-preferred
platforms. If you only support one platform, your life will be easier,
and your org will be safer.

3) iPhones suck for business use, at least from a security standpoint.
That's a current assessment - they may get better, but I haven't seen
it yet. For instance - E2k3 doesn't support remote kill for the
iPhone, and there's no way to regulate what apps are installed on an
iPhone. Also, breaking physical security on an iPhone is trivial - try
youtube for demonstrations.

Kurt