Check to see if you have Trend (Scan Mail for exchange) installed;  SMEX
Version 7 and 8 uses the SQL instance..

Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:44:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Exchange and MSDE
From: hbo...@gmail.com
To: exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

I'm going in this direction, since i have a sneaky suspicion it is around from
a previous full blown BE install.. We'll if anyone complains..

Thanks all.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Steven M. Caesare <scaes...@caesare.com> wrote:

Kill it and see what app complains or which phone rings?

Netstat and see what is connecting to its port (or if яявя™s local
host, then determine which process owns the other end of the connection).

-sc