Then they fixed it for Exchange 2010, because the Identity parameter can come
from the pipe.

Sorry for not checking on 2007...

________________________________
From: Campbell, Rob [rob_campb...@centraltechnology.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:51 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Piping files to Set-*

I think I tried something like that once and couldn’t get it to work.  When I
checked it with get-command, it said none of the parameter sets accepted
pipeline input so I decided it probably wasn’t going to be possible.

I ended up using a script like this (it’s been scrubbed) to clone most of the
properties from one resource to another when we upgraded from E2k3.  It’s kind
of a kludge, and I’d probably do it differently if I had to do it again, but
FWIW:

It will either clone all the properties directly (uncomment the #iex), or build
a script you can tweak settings on or just do a search/replace on the mailbox
name before you run it.

I excluded Identity for obvious reasons, and the array properties.  The array
properties could be added, but it would take some additional code.  I didn’t
need them at the time, so I just left then out.

$mbx = <target mailbox>
if ($mbx -match "\s"){$mbx = "'" + $mbx + "'"}
$rsc_base = get-mailboxcalendarsettings <source mailbox>
$rsc_props = $rsc_base | Get-Member -MemberType Property
$cmds = @()
$rsc_props |%{
$setting = $($rsc_base.($_.name))

$excluded =
"Identity","RequestInPolicy","RequestOutOfPolicy","ResourceDelegates"

if ($excluded -notcontains $_.name.tostring()){

if ($setting.tostring() -eq "False"){$setting = '$False'}
if ($setting.tostring() -eq "True"){$setting = '$True'}
if ($setting.tostring() -match "\s"){$setting = "'" + $setting + "'"}
}

$cmd_str = "set-mailboxcalendarsettings $mbx -" + $_.name + " $setting"

$cmds += $cmd_str
#iex $cmd_str
}

$cmds | Out-File set_resourcesettings.ps1