Thanks for these, Kurt.  I've got a user that I've been arguing with over his
using his iPhone for EAS.

Sean Rector, MCSE

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 6:55 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: iPhone experience

Oh, that ain't all, or even the least of it:

Apple pushes iPod/iTunes/iPhone update that includes the Apache web server:
http://www.itworld.com/security/79064/dont-need-it-dont-install-it
http://www.macrumors.com/2009/09/09/apple-releases-iphone-configuration-utility-2-1-for-mac-and-windows-and-mobile-me-control-panel-for-windows
http://blogs.computerworld.com/14808/apple_shovelware_problems_again_iphone_configuration_utility
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9138620/Apple_pushes_unnecessary_software_to_Windows_PCs

And, oh yes, the iPhone has been lying about it's compliance with
security policies
http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobilize/other-iphone-lie-vpn-policy-support-865

Bottom line: Until Apple gets their act together, don't use the iPhone
wherever you value security

Kurt

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 14:46, Sam Cayze <sam.ca...@rollouts.com> wrote:
> Related?:
> "Hacker Says iPhone 3GS Encryption Is 'Useless' for Businesses"
> http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/07/iphone-encryption/

Virginia Opera's 35th Anniversary Season The One You Love
Celebrate with a 2009-2010 Subscription: La B��ème, The Daughter of the
Regiment, Don Giovanni and Porgy and BessSM
Visit us online at www.vaopera.org or call 1-866-OPERA-VA

The vision of Virginia Opera is to enrich lives  through the powerful
integration of music, voice and human drama

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). Unless otherwise specified, persons unnamed as
recipients may not read, distribute, copy or alter this e-mail. Any views or
opinions expressed in this e-mail belong to the author and may not necessarily
represent those of Virginia Opera. Although precautions have been taken to
ensure no viruses are present, Virginia Opera cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.