From: Sobey, Richard A [mailto:r.so...@imperial.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 9:44 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Restoring E-mail Folder in Exchange 2003

Yup, you'd need to perform the restore from CA after setting up your
RSG. For a basics guide on the RSG, check this out:

http://www.petri.co.il/restoring_exchange_mailbox_recovery_storage_group
_part1.htm

Out of interest, I'm not familiar with CA Arcserve or, of course, your
backup strategy, but you may be doing brick level backups which would
enable you to recover an individual mailbox, or items from the mailbox,
without recovering the entire database. You'd need to look into that and
I can't give you any advice on it.

Cheers

Richard