"I've made up my mind, don't bother me with the facts"

________________________________

From: Sherry Abercrombie [mailto:saber...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:45 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Quick Outlook Question

I don't have a choice, this is basically a "family" organization & this
exec is family.  It's a web-site that was setup and maintained by a 3rd
party.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Kurt Buff <kurt.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

Blocking port 25 outbound is not 'arbitrary' - it's 'egress
filtering'. And, it's highly recommended.

I'd think serious about doing what you're doing, and would likely
require they gave me a written and signed request, which had been
passed by the org's lawyer.

Nasty things happen when kludges like this are put together, and my
basic rule is that personal and corporate email don't mix - assuming
that this is for a personal account. Even if it's not personal, mixing
two [probably-]unrelated business' email is problematic.

Kurt

<mich...@smithcons.com>