Network load balancing does the trick for us! Networks is not my forte but I
think it's a very common way of making services redundant.

From: bounce-8805362-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-8805362-8066...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of Ehren
Benson
Sent: 28 January 2010 15:00
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2010 CAS/HT reduandancy/load balance

Hi,

I am currently designing our new exchange 2010 infrastructure and am looking
into ways to load balance (make redundant) two CAS/HT servers since DAG does
that for the mailboxes.  I just wondered if there was anyone out there who had
something like that in place who wouldn't mind me picking your brain for a few
minutes to get some ideas of ways that work and ways that don't.  I'd like to
get some ideas obviously before I get too far so I don't have to do a 180 and
redo a bunch of stuff.

Thanks!

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE
Windows Systems Administrator