From: Ehren Benson [mailto:benso...@pa.msu.edu]
Sent: 29 January 2010 16:28
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2010 CAS/HT reduandancy/load balance

I actually finally found a couple really good blog posts (I will check out
those others also) and this thinking out loud at everyone's expense has
helped also (sorry, lol).

http://blogs.kraftkennedy.com/index.php/2009/11/25/configuring-nlb-for-excha
nge-2010-cas-load-balancing/

http://blogs.kraftkennedy.com/index.php/2009/09/09/exchange-2010-rpc-client-
access-service-and-the-clientaccessarray/

The only question I think I have left is do you set the FQDN and IP address
for the NLB cluster AND the CAS array to the same thing.

IE:
NLB CLUSTER: FQDN = exchcas.domain.local,  IP = 35.10.10.10  (fake internet
routable ip)

CAS ARRAY: FQDN = exchcas.domain.local, IP=35.10.10.10 (fake internet
routable ip)

Also, for external users could I then just point my external dns (for IMAP)
for say exchcas.domain.edu to that same IP (35.10.10.10)? (NOTE: all our
servers have internet routable IP's with no NAT)

Thanks for the help and being a sounding board ;)

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE

Windows Systems Administrator

benso...@pa.msu.edu

517-884-5469