Understood.  The question I posed was whether there is anything useful in
the SMTP logs if the OP's Exchange server is doing RBL rejections.  Perhaps
my wording was as clear as mud.  A little Google searching leads me to
believe that connection filtering-related data is logged in the SMTP log on
Exchange 2003, but I don't know for sure because in my setup I can't test
it.  Even if it is, however, I wonder if there is anything useful beyond the
sending IP address.  If it is rejected because of a positive RBL hit, does
the SMTP conversation ever get as far as the "Mail from:" or anything else
that would help identify the rejected sender by email address?  I kinda
doubt it, and the OP might not know the sending sender's IP.

'Course all of this is moot if he doesn't have RBLs configured...