http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Exchange-2007-Server-RecoverS
erver-switch.html

Webster

From: Cesare' A. Ramos [mailto:cra...@idfllc.com]
Subject: MS Exchange 2007 - Server down

Hello to all.

Looking for some thoughts here.

We had an existing MS Exchange 2007 server that over the weekend took a dive
on us.  In repairing MS Windows, it was so hosed that it performed an actual
reinstall of the OS and not a repair (approx 30+ dll files were gone).  In
that, MS Exchange 2007 is not seen and does not work.  The plus side is that
we had prepared last week a new MS Exchange 2007 server to migrate to and
have performed some test migrations but both servers were up.

Today being that the original server is down, we cannot migrate nor
disconnect a mailbox and reconnect to the new server.  We are ready and
going to export out users PST files via the desktop and just reimport but
the issue is that they do not have a mailbox on the new server.  When we try
to create a 2nd mailbox, it prompts that the user already exists.  Could we
delete the user and then recreate and tie to the new server???? Not sure but
will be trying.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  Figured that a few heads
thinking about this is better than one.