From: Dahl, Peter [mailto:peter.d...@yum.com]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 1:08 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: MS Exchange 2007 - Server down

There are quite a few disaster recovery options for Exchange 2007 that can
help.  Based on my understanding of what you are trying to do I think this
option may be the closest match.  With this method you create a new database
and then use Move-Mailbox with the ConfigurationOnly switch to set the new
server/database name on each of the affected mailboxes from the downed server.

How to Perform a Dial Tone Recovery Using an Alternate Server for the Dial Tone
Database
 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310785(EXCHG.80).aspx

Hope that helps
   Peter Dahl.