First off this is going to be a bit complicated, I'm starting to feel like I've
painted myself into a box and now I'm trying to find a way out of the box.

A couple years ago I created a child domain for one of our remote offices.  In
retrospect I wish I hadn't, but that's another story.

In the mean time I had to incorporate their mail domain into our Exchange
server (still running 2003).

I set up the mail domain, Recipient rules, etc.  Mail works fine for the users
I created on the parent domain for using that mail domain.

Now after quite a delay (due to other issues) we are finally creating user
accounts in the child domain for the users in that office.  Not all the users
have e-mail accounts.

I set up the security on the accounts and mailboxes in the parent domain to
allow the child domain users to access the mailboxes and send mail without
having to enter a second set of credentials.

I am running into a problem with the Offline Address Book and I have been
researching for most of the day, tried multiple ways to resolve it and am still
getting error message 0x8004010f when the user clicks Send/Receive and tries to
download the OAB.

Yes, the users are set to use Cached Exchange Mode.

I've put the users into a Universal Security group and specifically granted
that group rights on the OAB, waited for replication, had a user log off and
back in, with no change.

I've done a registry key change to specify the Default OAB DN.

I can tell you that I did not run DomainPrep for Exchange in the child domain,
I've been looking at that as a possible fix, but I'm not sure if that's going
to do it or not.

Has anyone else run into this, how did you fix it.