From: Robb Pickinpaugh [mailto:robb.pickinpa...@anesthesiallc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:29 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2003 - parent domain - child domain - Offline Address
Book errors - need some advice

Michael,

Thanks for your help, between everything I've read trying to solve this, and
the help you've given I think I have this solved.

1. Our domain replication was set to 180 minutes.  As a trial this morning I
cranked that down to 45 minutes.  GAL objects from the child domain are showing
up at about that schedule now, so the delay was the site replication schedule.
If the bandwidth usage gets too bad I'll crank it (replication) up a bit.

2. I tried disconnecting the parent domain user from the mailbox, and then
connecting the mailbox to the child domain user.  ESM hung until the next
replication (at least it seemed to be that long), but then once I tested with
that user, no OAB download errors.

So, final solution = remove the mailboxes from the parent domain users, and
attach to child domain users.  It's going to take some time and looks like a
weekend project, but at least I can go on with things now.

Again, Thanks a TON for your insight Michael, learned a bunch about the
diagnostic logging.