Thanks guys.  Those are both excellent tips that I would not have been
aware of.

From: Andrew Levicki [mailto:and...@levicki.me.uk]
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:07 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Backup Exec and Exchange 2010 Gotcha

It is true and also you need 64-bit OS and a quad-core or 2 dual-cores
on your Bexec media server to use the de-duplication option.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/342716.htm

andrew

On 13 March 2010 06:51, Brad Metzler <bmetz...@cu-portland.edu> wrote:

Since there is another Exchange backup thread it may me think to just
throw this up for those who use Backup Exec and are looking to go to
Exchange 2010.

First, if you're running something before Backup Exec 2010, you'll need
to upgrade to get support for Exchange 2010.

Second, the Exchange management tools are required on the Backup Exec
2010 server. For Exchange 2010 this means you'll need to make sure your
Backup Exec 2010 is running a 64bit OS. This one was a gotcha for us
since our Backup Exec servers were all 32 bit still.

Just a heads up for those on the path to upgrade.

Brad

--
Kind regards,

Andrew Levicki MCITP MCSE CCNA